Tuesday, March 4, 2008

here's to you, internet!

Yes, the time has come.

I'm giving up and starting a blog.

While I haven't actually decided the theme, concept or purpose of my pontifications, it's all happening nevertheless. Initially I would find great pleasure in crafting my blog around my love of music. But I'm easily bored and often lack the stamina to keep up with the daily influx of the new post-punk or brit-rock or underground hip-hop phenomenon who was just discovered in some dingy after hours nightclub in LA or Paris or Berlin. Plus, I have a job.

Granted, I'm at my job right now penning the first entry of my new online journal - completely unrelated to the work that I actually get paid to do.

So before I go back to slaving away in the underpaid, high-stress, corporate rat race jungle be on the lookout for this blog to capture my prowess of cultural commentary, essential mind-altering youtube discoveries, and basic tomfoolery.

I leave you with my favorite piece of modern cinematic genius ever produced.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jonathan! Bravo for taking the plunge and adding more random content to the world wide web! I have to say that I agree with you about this video, not only are the captions brilliant but I am also proud to be a part of a culture that produces such glorious pieces of cinematic entertainment. :) Looking forward to more of your random thoughts!