Tuesday, March 18, 2008

preamble ramble

I woke up today feeling good - like in a good mood. I actually sang in the shower. It's sort of a rarity these days, mostly related to a lack of interest in my current job. And by lack of interest I mean I want to get the fuck out of here ASAP. But this post won't be a rant about what exactly it is about my job I hate so much. That won't get me anywhere.

Instead, I'm going to use the time that I should be getting shit done at work to put down a short top 10 of those things that are currently giving me hope, or that I'm looking forward to, or simply make me smile. Let's begin.

1. The Rockets. We're on a 22-game winning streak. Best in the West. I have kickass seats to the game tonight against the Celtics. Awesome.
2. Tornados. Now I know that sounds weird - but I like them. I doubt I would like having one destroy my house, but they bring excitement into my life.
3. Sandwiches. I love sandwiches - probably all types. I had a roast beef and horseradish one at Brown Bag Deli today for lunch. It was delicious.
4. The prospect of getting a new car. It might be happening. Soon.
5. St. Patty's Day. Yes, it was yesterday but for me St. Patty's Day lasts an entire week. I still have green on today. And I will tomorrow.
6. My new puppy. I think he was birthed by the Devil, but I still love him. He's really cute.
7. Radar Detector Deterrent Detector Deterrent Detector Detector Deterrent...Detector............Deterrents. So much technology.
8. Television. In general - because to name off my shows this season would take a while. Here's a few. LOST. The Riches. John Adams. The Soup. Well, actually maybe that's it.
9. The Fam. Cause they're always there for me and don't ask questions.
10. Obama. An embodiment of the direction I want for our country.

In closing, I submit to you some of my favorite mc, Slug

1 comment:

Unknown said...

now that i read this post, i am convinced that your life could more meaningful after you watched the PBS documentary we were talking about over lunch. it's called "sandwiches that you will like."

here's a link to it on netflix --
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Sandwiches_That_You_Will_Like/70025844?trkid=222336&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=1315262053_0_0